Finance Admin Assistant
Salary: Circa £20,000 FTE depending upon qualifications and experience
Contract: Part time 17.5 hours per week which ideally will be 5 half days
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and the leading independent provider of education research and insights, working to create an excellent education for all children and young people.
About the role of Finance Admin Assistant
To work as a member of the Finance team, undertaking a range of support tasks and activities necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Finance Department. To be aware of the confidential nature of the data being handled and to adhere to the requirements of good financial practice.
- Data entry and processing of invoices, cheques, payroll items and timesheets
- Assisting with purchase ledger, expenses and credit control transactions
- Opening and distributing Finance post
- Monitoring Finance Outlook Mailbox and communicating the contents to relevant colleagues
- Filing and archiving electronic and paper documents
- Helping to book and manage the annual cycle of review and budgetary meetings
- Ad hoc tasks as required to assist the finance team.
You will have the following experience, skills and attitude:
- Previous data entry or finance experience would be advantageous
- Good written, verbal and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately and use initiative
- Effective team worker able to communicate well with colleagues
- A positive, professional attitude and a willingness to learn
NFER is the UK’s largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education, training and children’s services. With an income of £18 million and 210 staff, we are a registered charity whose purpose is to make a difference to learners of all ages, especially to the lives of children and young people, by ensuring our work improves the practice and understanding of those who work with and for learners.
We undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services. We provide high quality, evidence-based research for policy makers, managers and practitioners. Our unrivalled experience enables us to offer a wide range of services and information sites, making NFER a one-stop-shop for anyone interested in education and improving children’s lives.
We have a pleasant office environment and beautiful surroundings, 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays and additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
How to Apply
Applications should be made using NFER’s standard application form and returned to email@example.com.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 13 April 2018