Head of Impact
An exciting opportunity to lead a dynamic team at the heart of shaping NFER’s future.
Slough based; Circa £50,000
Having a good education is crucial for children and young people, to help them to acquire the knowledge and skills to succeed in their future careers and lead fulfilling lives.
Here at the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER), we are passionate about education and our mission is to provide impactful evidence that improves education, learning and the lives of learners. We are the leading provider of independent educational evidence and assessments in the UK.
NFER is an independent research organisation undertaking projects in all sectors of education; a registered charity our research, assessments and other services are widely known and used to support effective policy and practice in education both in the UK and internationally.
The Impact Team was created to lead new ways of working that increase NFER’s impact on policy and practice. The role of Head of Impact provides a unique opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading education researchers to ensure that evidence plays a key role in education policy and practice.
As the Head of Impact you will;
- Lead a highly engaged team working with a range of internal and external partners to increase NFER’s impact on policy and practice
- Identify and engage with the important debates, potential policies and initiatives that are relevant to NFER
- Work with the wider network across the Foundation, in order to deliver high-impact research projects that are aligned with NFER’s strategic priorities
A graduate or with equivalent experience, the successful candidate will be:
- Highly research literate with a strong understanding of current issues in education policy and practice
- A creative, strategic thinker able to lead thinking and people
- Experienced in managing diverse teams
- Outward focused and outward reaching
- Diplomatic, collaborative, engaging and able to build effective working relationships, both internally and externally with key stakeholders
- A strong confident communicator
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements, good support for staff development and a pleasant office environment in beautiful surroundings
Our offices are located in lovely grounds close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road, rail and air are excellent – we are within easy reach of the M4 and M40, London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail.
Applications should be made using the Foundation’s standard application form and returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The HR Department, NFER, The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ.
Completed applications should be submitted by 9am Wednesday 21st March at the latest.
Interviews will be taking place w/c 26th March.
- Job description: Word | PDF
- Further particulars: Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Registered charity no. 313392