International Education Research Director / Senior Research Manager
Having a good education is crucial for children and young people, helping them to acquire the knowledge and skills to succeed in their future careers and lead fulfilling lives. Education is also increasingly being recognised as playing a critical role in the development of flourishing societies, for example in the Sustainable Development Goals and the focus on education in the latest World Development Report.
NFER has 70 year track record providing evidence to improve education policy and practice, and we are now seeking an exceptional candidate to join our growing Centre for International Education. The successful candidate will have a key role in realising ambitious growth plans, developing new areas of expertise for NFER, and taking our existing services into new international markets.
You will play a leading role in realising NFER’s vision to support the development of education systems around the world, focusing in particular on research, evaluation and consultancy, through proactive business development, successful research proposals, engaging with the international education and development communities, and delivery of high quality education projects.
In addition to responsibility for ongoing delivery of cutting edge projects, appointees to a Research Director post will be expected to adopt a strategic leadership role, overseeing and developing new areas of work and operating with a significant degree of autonomy.
Senior Research Managers will have an important role in delivering projects, and the opportunity to work as part of a leading, multi-disciplinary team of experts in education assessment and research.
- Leading at least one major strand of NFER's strategy to grow its income and impact on global education
- Proactive business development, working in a consultative manner with potential clients to identify their needs and how NFER can address them
- Directing or leading the design and delivery of projects
- Maintaining an expertise in global education and a strong profile among the international community in relevant areas of research
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development.
For a copy of the Research Director/Senior Manager job description, additional information about NFER and our employee benefits and an application form please use the following links:
- Job Description, Research Director/Senior Manager Word | PDF
- Further particulars, Research Director/Senior Manager Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
Closing date for applications is Friday 9 March 2018, 09:00 GMT
Interviews: 19, 20 & 21 March 2018
Registered Charity Number: 313392