Junior Project Managers/Researchers
Full-time role based in our Slough office
Salary in the range: £26,000 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience
We are looking for bright, hard-working, organised people who want to manage the operational aspects of a wide range of research and assessment projects to be part of our busy Research and Production Operations team. You’ll need to be structured and organised to manage the operational aspects of a wide range of projects. You’ll learn a lot from the role, work on a wide variety of projects, learn how to use Prince 2 project management principles and be an important part of NFER’s mission to improve outcomes in education.
Working on a range of test trials, data collections, surveys or products you’ll be involved in:
- Organising surveys and data collections as part of research projects, including randomised control trials
- Working out strategies to engage and retain schools to take part in our activities, making it easy for them to take part
- Coordinating large scale complex test trials
- Developing and administering online surveys
- Recruiting and managing markers and coordinating marking events and exercises
- Administering international studies
- Supporting bids and proposals
- You’ll have a degree with some numerical content, a logical mind and the ability to learn new technology and complex processes.
- You will be able to assimilate information, translate complex requirements into administrative practicalities and forward plan resources and activities.
- Every project is different so we need a flexible team player who is committed to providing the best possible service to our customers.
- Experience from working in education, testing or qualifications development would be an advantage.
A registered charity with an income of £18 million and 210 staff. We undertake around 200 research projects every year, spanning all sectors of education and children’s services. Our clients include UK government departments and agencies at both national and local levels, which benefit from NFER's full range of expert and professional services. Our purpose is to provide independent evidence which improves education and training and hence the lives of learners.
We offer a pleasant office environment within beautiful green surroundings, close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road, rail and air are excellent – we are within easy reach of the M4 and M40 with free parking, London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail. We believe in a work life balance and have 30 days paid leave per year, over and above Bank holidays plus additional discretionary days, good support for staff development and generous pension arrangements.
How to Apply
Applications should be made using the Foundation’s standard application form and returned to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 7 May 2018
Interviews: 17 & 18 May 2018
- Job description: Word | PDF
- Further particulars: Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Registered charity no. 313392