Policy Communications Manager
Based in our Slough office
Salary ca: £40k+ (dependent on qualifications and experience)
NFER is an independent research organisation which undertakes projects in all sectors of education. We are committed to the continuing improvement of education and training for all learners and to providing support for policy makers and practitioners. We are seeking to appoint a Policy Communications Manager to work within the Sales, Marketing and Impact Department (SMI) reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new role within SMI identifying and providing support for education policy initiatives, focusing on the Foundation’s key areas of expertise and with particular focus on generating content.
Key responsibilities are:
- Develop and deliver the organisation’s public response and profile relating to education policy developments.
- Contribute to NFER’s visibility and impact objectives through timely content creation for all communications channels.
- Providing timely and appropriate internal briefings to support key staff and SMT (Senior Management Team).
Person specification – Essential:
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of government policy
- Excellent communications skills and good collaborator
- Strong writing style. The ability to write accurately and for a variety of audiences
- Confident using social media for business
- Ability to assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly
- Excellent presentation skills, to small and large groups
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines should the business require it
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development. Our offices are located in lovely grounds a mile from the town centre; connections by road and rail are excellent.
Applications should be made using NFER’s standard application form and returned to email@example.com.
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’ and will need to provide a satisfactory DBS Certificate; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
- Job description: Word | PDF
- Further particulars: Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Closing date: Friday 9 March 2018
Registered charity no. 313392