Researcher/Research Manager, Centre for Assessment
Salary in the range: £29,536 - £38,537pa; level of appointment will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Fixed term contract for a minimum of 12 months; applications for a secondment would be considered favourably.
- Based at the NFER Head Office in Slough or NFER Cymru in Swansea (some home and/or flexible working possible); occasional travel to Swansea/Slough will be required.
This is an exciting professional development opportunity for a secondary mathematics/numeracy teacher to join the UK’s largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education.
NFER makes a difference to learners of all ages by helping improve practice and understanding. The Centre for Assessment is involved in all aspects of assessment, from the development of high stakes tests for the monitoring of national standards to creating assessment and curriculum resources for teachers to use to track progress in their classrooms. The Centre also carries out assessment-related research as well as producing guidance for schools on curriculum and assessment policy.
The key responsibilities of this post are:
- question / test development (paper and online assessments)
- conducting assessment research
- contributing to the development of research proposals.
Secondary teaching experience in the UK, strong organisational skills, a high level of attention to detail and excellent writing skills are essential requirements.
Experience in marking national/high-stakes tests and the ability to communicate fluently and accurately in Welsh (both verbal and written) are highly desirable.
The opportunity for training in a range of research and assessment skills will be provided.
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development.
Our offices are located in lovely grounds close to Windsor and Slough town centres; connections by road and rail are excellent – we are within easy reach of the M4 and M40 and London Paddington is 15 minutes by rail.
The NFER Cymru office is located at UWTSD Townhill campus, Swansea SA2 0UT.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Jane Nicholas at NFER Cymru (01792 482050).
Applications should be made using NFER’s standard application form and returned to email@example.com or by post to:
The HR Department, NFER, The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ.
Closing date: 12:00 BST on Wednesday 17 May 2017
Interviews: w/c 5 June 2017
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’ and will need to provide a satisfactory DBS Certificate; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
- Job description: Researcher Grade 5 Word | PDF
- Job description: Research Manager Grade 6 Word | PDF
- Further particulars: Researcher/Research Manager Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Registered charity no. 313392.