Senior Bid Manager
Full time (Slough based); 12 month contract with potential for extension or a permanent role
Salary in the range: £40,885 - £46,016pa, depending upon qualifications and experience
- have considerable experience of project managing, writing and quality assuring successful proposals in response to competitive tenders?
- have proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant, high-value, winning proposals within a complex business environment?
- enjoy working and managing staff in a fast paced friendly team?
- relish the opportunity to innovate and improve processes and practices?
- have excellent organisation and time management skills?
- have an eye for detail and pride in producing accurate, high-quality work?
- enjoy working with both junior and very senior colleagues as well as clients/funders?
- have a real interest in supporting an independent charity that is committed to delivering projects which genuinely impact on children and young people?
- have the ability to be calm and ‘can do’ under pressure while managing multiple bids and activities?
- have superb written and verbal communication skills?
- have strong data analysis, interpretation and reporting skills, a head for figures and a sound commercial understanding?
- think strategically and see the big picture?
- want to develop how an organisation brings in business and help to shape how it grows?
We have a vacancy for a Senior Bid Manager to work in the Bids Team in our Research Department. NFER is the UK's largest independent provider of research, assessment and information services for education. We aim to improve education and learning, and enhance the lives of learners, by providing independent, high-quality evidence.
The Bid Team supports and manages all tender activity for the organisation, which incorporates a wide range of processes including managing and supporting bid development, searching and assessing Invitations to Tender (ITTs), leading decision-making processes, and recording and analysing bids data. The Senior Bid Manager is a key role in the team and will take the lead on project managing and writing high value, complex bid opportunities from set-up to submission. S/He will deputise for the Head of the Bid Team when needed, as well as leading, overseeing or conducting other Bid Team activities.
Whilst it would be desirable, please note candidates do not need to have experience of social research for this role. You would, however, need to be able to demonstrate the ability to pick up domain knowledge quickly.
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development.
Our offices are located in lovely grounds a mile from the town centre; communications by road and rail are excellent.
Applications should be made using NFER’s standard application form and returned to email@example.com or by post to:
The HR Department, NFER, The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ.
Closing date: 30 June 2017
Interviews w/c: 10 July 2017
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’ and will need to provide a satisfactory DBS Certificate; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
Registered charity no. 313392.