Senior Project Manager
Based in our Slough office
Salary in the range: £40,360 - £45,425pa; the level of appointment and associated salary will depend upon qualifications and experience.
Are you a driven project manager looking for an opportunity to lead a diverse and challenging portfolio of projects? Do you have what it takes to contribute to innovative educational projects?
NFER, the UK’s leading provider of independent education research, is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their Research and Product Operations Department (RPO). Founded in 1946, NFER is a highly respected and successful charity committed to the continuing improvement of education and training for all learners worldwide.
The Research and Product Operations Department is responsible for the operational delivery of a wide and diverse portfolio of projects, including large-scale test trials, international RCTs, marking projects, event-based projects, as well as a suite of products for schools and others.
The successful applicant will take on a senior role in our Department, managing a range of complex projects at one time and contributing to NFER’s overriding strategy to improve education and the lives of learners. This is an exciting opportunity for a ‘hands-on’ Project Manager who enjoys turning complex activities into practical reality.
Key deliverables include:
- devising solutions to deliver new projects
- undertaking project and product management, using formal project management approaches
- ensuring impact and effectiveness of projects and delivery of high quality outputs
- providing effective line management
- carrying out budget management and cost control
- working with colleagues to implement continual development and improvement of the department
- developing technical specifications to support project processes
- report writing
- writing and pitching for projects via competitive tendering
The successful candidate will have a degree (preferably with a numerate or technical element), proven project management skills and the ability to lead and motivate staff. A project management qualification would be desirable, such as PRINCE2.
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development.
Our offices are located in lovely grounds a mile from the town centre; communications by road and rail are excellent.
Applications should be made using the Foundation’s standard application form and returned to email@example.com or by post to:
The HR Department, NFER, The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ.
Closing date: Friday 24 February 2017
Interviews: w/c 6 March 2017
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the “Rehabilitation of Offenders Act”; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (“DBS”) checking procedure are in the attached “Further Particulars” for this post.
- Job description: Word | PDF
- Further particulars: Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Registered charity no. 313392.