Full-time role based in our Slough office
Salary in the range: £34,240 - £38,537 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience. 12 month fixed term contract.
The Data Management Unit (DMU) is a specialist team of data managers with a passion for technology and a keen eye for detail who are looking for a Senior Data Manager to join our team. We provide expertise and advice on data management, develop online surveys, create web-based reporting and undertake database and panel management. We support many of NFER’s programmes of work and get involved in lots of varied projects. We’re also lucky enough to implement new technology and are involved from concept to launch.
There isn’t such a thing as a ‘typical’ day in DMU, every day is unique. You may be scripting an online survey, manipulating data which has come from a variety of sources, programming a macro in VBA or liaising with clients or internal staff. DMU have the opportunity to be part of a wide range of projects in many different roles including data cleaning/manipulation, sampling, report writing and project management.
We are looking for:
- A talented person with a degree in a numerate and/or research-based subject who enjoys working with new technology.
- It is essential that you have experience in programming and an ability to learn how to use different technologies (e.g. SPSS, SQL, VBA, java, Perl, python).
- Likes to be part of a team and is able to liaise with a wide range of people.
- Good organisational skills and great interpersonal and written communication skills.
If you meet the person specification and would describe yourself as a ‘details person’ then we’d love to hear from you.
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development.
Applications should be made using NFER’s standard application form and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job description: Word | PDF
- Further particulars: Word | PDF
- Application form: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities summary: Word | PDF
- Equal opportunities form: Word | PDF
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the ‘Rehabilitation of Offenders Act’ and will need to provide a satisfactory DBS Certificate; further details of NFER’s Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
Closing date: Tuesday 20 March 2018
Registered charity no. 313392.