The Education Show
Thursday 16 - Saturday 18 March 2017, Stand H54, Halls 7/8, NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT
NFER exhibited its products and services for schools, including:
- NFER Tests Suite 2 autumn and summer – our optional tests to help monitor pupil progress at Key Stage 2
- Our comprehensive Analysis and Marking Service for primary schools who use NFER Tests Suite 2 summer
- NFER Reception Baseline Assessment – our practical, child-friendly baseline assessment
- NFER School Surveys – our complete survey, results and benchmarking service to gather feedback from parents, pupils and staff
- CPD and school improvement services – To help schools drive high impact teaching and learning whilst supporting their key objectives, issues or aspirations.
We also presented on Friday afternoon about one of the features of NFER Tests Suite 2 (details below).
Age-Related Expectations: How can they support teacher assessment in a life without levels?
NFER Tests Suite 2 is aligned to the 2014 national curriculum and supports teachers to measure attainment and monitor progress without levels. In this session, you will learn about one of the tools provided with the NFER summer tests: ‘age-related expectations’. At this session, Research Director of Products Emily Jones explained their development and showed how they can be used to inform teacher assessments of pupil achievement and monitor progress throughout Key Stage 2.
Emily has extensive experience developing and evaluating assessments for primary age pupils. She leads the development of NFER’s own suite of curriculum tests which are currently focused on mathematics, reading, spelling, and grammar and punctuation for use with Key Stage 2 pupils. Other test development work includes the mathematics and science statutory national curriculum tests and consultancy for the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS).
Emily began her career as a primary teacher but has now been developing tests for over 15 years. She is a Practitioner of the Association for Educational Assessment-Europe.
You can view the presentation slides below.