Terms and conditions for the Bite into Writing customer prize draw
- Our prize draw is organised by the National Foundation for Educational Research (known as the ‘NFER’) of The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ, a company limited by guarantee (900899 in England and Wales) and a registered charity (313392).
How to enter
- To enter simply order any Bite into Writing resource before June 30th, 2021, the closing date. Orders received after the stated closing date will not be included in the draw.
- By entering the competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact NFER Classroom – NFER.Classroom@nfer.ac.uk.
- NFER reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise stated, the prize draw is only open to NFER customers who have ordered NFER Tests for year 6 and have been sent an email with the competition details.
- Only one entry per school is permitted.
- In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. NFER may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
- NFER reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw (using the DfE number provided on your order form) performed by a computer process within one month of the prize draw ending.
- The winning school will be notified by email (using the named contact on your Bite into Writing order form) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to NFER within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and NFER will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize – a £150 book token for your school to use - will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to NFER.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. NFER reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond NFER’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of NFER regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding.
- NFER reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, NFER, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of NFER, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
- NFER is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by NFER or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- NFER reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published.