Knowing the views of parents matters. Obtain key thoughts and opinion using your choice of paper or online surveys to help prepare for Ofsted inspections and aid school development planning. With a customised online report you can quickly highlight school strengths, areas for improvement and benchmark your results against schools nationally.
We offer different survey packages as follows:
General surveys: these online surveys take around 10 minutes to complete on average and cover a variety of issues to gauge parent perceptions and feelings on:
- teaching, behaviour, communication and the curriculum.
- school management of key issues (anti-bullying, homework, SEN)
- school progression, teaching standards, child happiness and support
- efficiency of school leaders
- safety of school environment/ healthy eating
- general feeling/ School recommendation
- areas of success/ for improvement.
This survey also includes an Ofsted ‘Parent View’ preparation summary.
Bespoke surveys: create your own online survey for independent investigation of the issues that most matter to you. This package allows you to write up to 12 questions, including one ‘open’ question, and includes an online guide to help you develop the most effective questionnaire. NFER will collate the data into easy-to-read tables and charts and deliver it as a PDF report. Please note, however, that this can be only be purchased alongside a ‘general’ package.
Themed surveys: our online themed surveys offer pupil perception and opinion on core areas such as:
- behaviour (policy, behaviour management, discipline and improvement)
- communication (informing and supporting parents, methods, areas of success/ for improvement)
- teaching (quality of teaching, learning environment, child support, pupil relationships with staff, areas of success/ for improvement).
For the ‘General’ and ‘Themed’ survey options, we provide an interactive report summarising key findings and with data collated into easy-to-understand charts and tables allowing you to:
- track school vs. national performance
- compare using ‘Parent View’ style questions
- export charts (PowerPoint) & tables (Excel)
- view qualitative response on open questions.
Reports are issued within 10 days (excluding bank holidays and the Christmas period) and are held on NFER’s secure online portal.