Based on (but not the same as) the OECD’s triennial PISA study, the PISA-Based Test for Schools is designed to improve teaching and learning by providing insight into your students’ readiness for the increasingly global economy.
NFER is accredited by the OECD Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) as the official UK provider of the PISA-Based Test for Schools.
- Supports research, benchmarking and school improvement
- allows your school to compare your students’ performance to student achievement nationally and worldwide
- information on ‘application of knowledge’ shows how well your students are equipped with the skills needed in today’s global economy
- student questionnaire provides greater insight and helps your school to explore students’ approaches to learning and add context to performance in the assessment
- online tailored report includes information on example strategies, policies and practices from education systems around the world
- your school becomes part of an international community of PISA-Based Test for School affiliates with access to their knowledge and experiences.
Taking part in PISA-Based Test for Schools
NFER will work with you to make taking part easy for you. Our service includes:
- an online portal for you to input your student data, from which we will select a sample of 15-year-olds to take the tests (84 students per school)
- an NFER test administrator will administer the tests and student questionnaires with the students in your school at a convenient time for you within the established testing window
- NFER will mark the tests and capture the data from the tests and the student questionnaires.
To talk to an adviser about the PISA-Based Test for Schools, please call