Tuesday June 12, 2018 - Tuesday June 12, 2018
The Hatton- etc Venues, 51-53 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8HN
This Forum presented attendees with an opportunity to explore the latest education research and examine how evidence informed teaching is an essential method for improving teaching standards and in turn pupil attainment. Attendees also heard case studies discussing professional development and research opportunities, funding available for evidence informed teaching and the important role played by universities.
NFER Senior Research Managers Matthew Walker and Claudia Sumner spoke on the challenge of making research evidence actionable in the school system. This special keynote featured:
- The role of research in an evidence-informed system
- State of the nation: where are we now?
- The challenges facing teachers in engaging with research evidence
- The factors that facilitate research engagement
- Tools for schools – tools to help schools engage ‘with’ and ‘in’ research