Wednesday September 30, 2020 - Wednesday September 30, 2020
10:00 - 15:00
NFER’s Research Manager Matthew Walker will be presenting a keynote during this online event hosted by Government Events, speaking on: Unpacking the Teacher Workload Survey 2019: Assessing What Has Changed Since 2016.
Presenting at 11:00am, Matthew will discuss:
- Taking a national ‘barometer’ of teachers’, middle leaders’ and senior leaders’ working conditions
- Contributing to the Department for Education’s evidence base on what drives unnecessary teacher workload and successful strategies to reduce teacher burden
- Understanding the differences between perceived and actual workload and the reasons behind a fall in work levels between 2016 and 2019
- The impact of the Department for Education’s workload reduction toolkit for schools
- Advice for moving forward with 7 in 10 primary and 9 in 10 secondary respondents still reporting that workload is a ‘fairly’ or ‘very’ serious problem.
Chaired by Steve Waters, Founder & Director, Teach Well Alliance, Founding Fellow, Chartered College of Teaching; key speakers also include:
- Katherine Moulds, Teacher Wellbeing, Workload and Impact on Schools Team, Department for Education
- Claire Harrison, Area Lead Consultant, UK South & SEN Lead, Worth It
- Sinéad McBrearty, Chief Executive, Education Support Partnership
- Daniella Lang, Headteacher, Brimsdown Primary School
- Maura Regan, CEO, Carmel Education Trust