Copies of this publication priced 18.00GBP are available from Central Books on 0845 4589910 or email email@example.com.
The recently enacted Childcare Act 2006 will impose new obligations on childcare providers. This highly accessible guide will offer a straightforward explanation of the first piece of government legislation to focus solely on very young children and childcare for those under eight years old.
Childcare Act 2006 the essential guide will:
- offer a simple and comprehensive commentary on the Act
- provide a clear explanation of how the Act will be implemented
- explain how the new legislation will affect the planning and delivery of services
- explain the effects on the new registration and inspection of services
- present the historical background to the legislation
Who the guide is for:
- children’s services and other local authority officers
- daycare centres
- childcare managers
- Ofsted inspectors
- higher and further education institutions
Co-published by the National Children’s Bureau and the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER)
How to cite this publication:
McAuliffe, A.-M., Linsey, A. and Fowler, J. (2006). Childcare Act 2006: the Essential Guide. Slough/London: National Foundation for Educational Research/National Children's Bureau.