NFER Reception Baseline Assessment
The practical, child-friendly baseline assessment
What you get
The school pack contains the following:
- Access to the online instructions, recording and analysis system for one academic year. There is no limit to the number of teachers in your school who can use the system and no restriction on the number of pupils who can be assessed.
- A resource pack – this includes all the resources you will need to administer the tasks with each pupil. These are durable and re-usable and contain such items as counting bears, plastic shapes, number cards and picture cards.
- A teacher guide – this includes general information about when and how to carry out the assessment and details of how to access the online recording and analysis system, and technical details of the assessment.
In addition to receiving everything needed to complete the assessment, teachers can benefit from:
- in-house reporting service – to save schools valuable time, NFER will complete all the scoring and reporting and send secure feedback to schools. Our service includes parent-friendly reports
- age-adjusted scores – in addition to raw scores, this information will help you to make fair comparisons between children born at different times of the year.
Individual pupil record pack - should you not wish to use a tablet or laptop to record your yes/no judgements as the assessment is being conducted, you can choose to purchase individual pupil records. These are available in packs of ten and each booklet contains the two checklists, the administration instructions and discontinuation rules for the tasks and space to record yes/no judgements for all four modules.
Please note that the data from each booklet will still need to be entered into the online recording and analysis system to enable scores and reports to be produced.
Additional resource packs - (including teacher guides) can also be purchased, should you require more than one.