NEW Years 1 and 2 assessments
We are currently developing NFER tests in reading and mathematics for Years 1 and 2. These age-appropriate assessments are appealing and child friendly to KS1 pupils. The format of the Year 1 tests provides extensive teacher support to help young learners, while the Year 2 tests closely follow the design of the Key Stage 1 national tests, therefore building familiarity and confidence.
About the assessments
- For use in the summer term providing a measure of attainment midway through the key stage.
- Two colourful and child-friendly reading booklets: one for all pupils with some teacher support and mediation and an additional reading booklet for pupils who can work more independently
- Two mathematics booklets: one with pictorial support (including number lines) and one requiring pupils to work more Independently with some abstract methods. Pupils complete both booklets.
Year 1 sample materials are available to view here.
- For use in the autumn term enabling identification of areas for development and support.
- Two reading booklets: One booklet for all pupils involving reading and answering questions on a series of three gradated texts and an additional reading booklet for pupils who are confident in working independently on a single longer text, similar to those used in the national test.
- Two mathematic booklets: one focusing on arithmetic skills and the other requiring reasoning skills.
- Available to pre-order now.
- Year 1 tests have been standardised in summer 2017 with over 3500 pupils and will be available for use in summer 2018.
- Year 2 tests will be standardised in autumn 2017 and will be available for use in autumn 2018.
- Our KS1 tests complement our existing suite of KS2 tests for Years 3, 4 & 5 and will help teachers monitor pupil attainment and progress across the two key stages.