- The Research Mark is a means to get recognition for your achievements in research engagement.
Use your logo and certificate to publicise your effort.
- It acknowledges your use of research to improve teaching and learning.
The criteria are all based around improved standards.
- It includes valuable face-to-face feedback and a report from a professional NFER research associate.
The consultancy will add value to your plans and you can quote from the report.
- It develops your practice through shared learning.
You learn from the work and results others have achieved.
- It gives structure to your research programme
Particularly useful if you are a Teaching School, investing in R&D.
- It presents your school or college as forward thinking and striving for improvement.
Create the right impression for prospective students and parents.
'We are proud of the fact we were the first sixth-form college to be a recognised research-engaged college by NFER. It has enabled us to broaden and widen our professional dialogue for the benefit of all our youngsters'
Simon Jarvis, Principal, The Sixth Form College, Farnborough
'For teachers who have engaged in researching their own school and classrooms it has not only brought new insights, new levels of understanding and new challenges, but has enhanced the quality of teaching and learning at the same time'
Professor Graham Handscomb, Research Associate at NFER
'It's good to see that early years settings, schools and colleges can now get the recognition they deserve from their commitment to enquiry and research.'
Caroline Sharp, Research Director at NFER
Official media partners