Wendy Keys, Cres Fernandes, Sue Harris
01 November 1996
This volume contains the Appendices relating to the National Reports for England on the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS). Subjects covered include:
- research design, populations and samples
- development and structure of the mathematics and science tests and their relationship with the National Curriculum
- questionnaires for students, teachers and headteachers
- Performance Assessment tasks
- administration and quality control procedures
- marking procedures for free-response items in the written tests and in the Performance Assessment
- statistical details relating to samples, participation rates, representativeness and weighting for nine- and 13-year-olds and for the Performance Assessment
- scaling and data analysis.
This information supplements the data presented in the National Reports.