We are a leader in delivering educational research, evaluation and assessment services.
Our expertise spans the full spectrum of qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods techniques. We are also a world leader in the measurement of learning outcomes – developing, trialling and delivering high quality, robust and informative assessments.
Our 200+ in-house team of professional researchers, statisticians, psychometricians, economists, trials and assessment specialists, policy analysts and information specialists. This includes a range of international education experts.
Some of our areas of specialist expertise, include:
- Designing and implementing impact, value for money, implementation and process evaluations, adopting a range of designs, such as randomised controlled trials, quasi-experiments and theory-based evaluation.
- Applying a range of methods and areas of expertise, including instrument design, surveys, participatory methods, focus groups, interviews, reviews and evidence scoping, econometrics, and comparative case studies.
- Consultancy on a range of assessment activities including system reviews, guidance on assessment strategy development and quality assurance services.
- Designing, developing, trialling and delivering learning assessments, including test specification, curriculum alignment, item design and development, scorer guides and scorer training, trialling assessments, psychometric analysis and standard setting/grading.
- Developing tasks and tests for use as formative assessments and providing diagnostic information on tests to help inform teaching and learning.