Since 1946, NFER has been using its technical expertise to solve complex educational challenges.
We understand the persistent barriers to learning that many children face, particularly in low and middle income countries. High quality evidence can help change this.
We have a strong track record of delivering projects which provide valuable insights across all aspects of teaching and learning.
- Understanding the effectiveness of different teaching practices and approaches.
- Evaluating the implementation of complex interventions and programmes, triangulating evidence from a range of perspectives.
- Using assessment data to robustly monitor the performance of education systems and providing comparisons to other countries and global frameworks.
- Developing formative assessment tools, which provide teachers with immediate feedback on their students’ strengths and gaps in their learning.
- Researching teacher training, development, and motivation.