Privacy Notice for the Sale of Bite into Writing Resources
- Why are we collecting this data?
NFER makes educational resources available to be purchased by schools. NFER collects contact details from schools for the purpose of fulfilling orders of the products.
If you have purchased our educational resources, NFER may use your details to inform you about similar resources. You will always be given the opportunity to refuse or opt out of the marketing, both when we first collected your the details and in every message after that.
- What is the legal basis for processing activities?
The legal basis for the processing activities is to enable the performance of a contract (GDPR article 6(1) (b)).
NFER is the Data Controller for this data. The third parties we use to fulfill these orders are data processors (see section 5 below).
- How will personal data be obtained?
Schools will provide data to NFER via an order form (either online or as a downloadable PDF) or verbally for orders taken via the telephone.
- What personal data is being collected by this project?
NFER collects the name, telephone number and email address of:
- the person ordering the educational resources on behalf of the school
- the school’s head
- the delivery contact (where different)
- the invoice contact (where different).
- Who will personal data be shared with?
Personal data will be shared with third parties where necessary for the purposes of packaging and delivery of the order. These third-party service providers have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Is personal data being transferred outside of the European Economic Areas (EEA)?
No personal data is stored or transferred outside the EEA.
- How long will personal data be retained?
Data is not kept longer than is necessary and is deleted in accordance with NFER’s internal policy. Purchases are financial transactions, so some of the information provided during the purchasing process will be kept for 6 years to comply with financial regulations.
- What are the rights with respect to personal data?
Data protection legistion gives certain rights to data subjects. Under certain circumstances they have the right:
- to request access to information that is held on them (subject access request).
- to have personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- to restrict processing of personal data (for example, permitting its storage but no further processing).
- to object to processing.
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect.
- Who can I contact about this Privacy Notice?
For general queries about NFER products and orders (including making corrections to the personal data on an order), please contact [email protected].
If you do not wish to be contacted by NFER about similar Educational Resources in the future please state this in an email to [email protected].
If you wish to make a subject access request, restrict or object to processing personal data, please contact our Compliance Officer: [email protected].
If you have concerns about the way NFER processes your personal data, please you raise your concern with NFER (via contacting the Compliance Officer: [email protected]).
If you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, the body responsible for enforcing data protection legislation in the UK, at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We keep this privacy notice under review to make sure it is up to date and accurate. Any changes will be noted. The date when this privacy notice was last updated is shown here:- 4 December 2020