Key Stage 2 Assessments
Our key stage 2 assessment range includes reading, mathematics, grammar & punctuation, and spelling tests for use on a termly basis across years 3, 4 and 5 and year 6 assessments for use in the autumn and spring terms.
Our key stage 2 assessments include:
- child-friendly materials designed to be engaging for pupils
- materials developed by NFER assessment experts in collaboration with teachers
- assessments trialled with thousands of pupils for reliable benchmarking
- materials that reflect the style and format of the national curriculum tests
- access to a free and easy-to-use online analysis tool for instant reporting.
Click on the samples below to see the types of question, support and marking guidance you will find in NFER key stage 2 tests.
- KS2 reading sample materials
- KS2 maths sample materials
- KS2 Grammar and punctuation sample materials
- KS2 spelling sample materials
- See the full NFER Tests range
While autumn tests give a baseline from which to monitor progress within the school year, diagnostic spring tests are perfect for identifying strengths and weaknesses, with diagnostic commentaries included in the teacher guides. Summer tests for all subjects enable teachers to summarise attainment and progress both year-on-year and within the school year.
Year 6 assessments
Our year 6 assessments enable consistent progress and attainment monitoring across key stage 2. One set of reading, mathematics and grammar, punctuation & spelling papers is available for use in the autumn term, and one for use in the spring term ahead of the end of key stage 2 national curriculum tests. All year 6 teacher guides include an additional 70-page diagnostic guidance booklet to help identify gaps in learning and support further teaching.