The NFER Tests range includes maths assessments for use across years 1-6. These tests have been developed by our assessment experts, in collaboration with teachers, and standardised with over 60,000 pupils. NFER Tests provide reliable standardised and age-standardised scores to confidently monitor attainment and progress.
Our mathematics materials include:
- a layout and format that reflects the national curriculum tests, to build familiarity and confidence
- a variety of question and answer styles including written responses, circling, ticking and matching
- access to a free and easy-to-use online analysis tool to generate instant reports.
- diagnostic commentaries alongside the spring term materials to show common errors and to inform further teaching and learning.
Click on the samples below to see the types of question, support and marking guidance you will find in NFER maths tests:
- Key stage 1 mathematics sample materials
- Key stage 2 mathematics sample materials
- See the full NFER Tests range (including termly reading, grammar and punctuation and spelling assessments).
In year 1, the maths booklets are tiered and both include reasoning and arithmetic items, and in year two one booklet focuses in arithmetic items and one on reasoning items. Across years 3-6, one arithmetic and two reasoning papers are available per term, in line with the national curriculum maths tests.