NFER Online Assessments

Enhance your assessments

NFER Online Assessments (NOA) have been developed by our in-house assessment experts in collaboration with teachers across the country, to provide you with a high-quality, standardised online assessment experience for your learners that will enhance the way you assess.

Supported by the latest research into effective online assessments, this brand-new range for Key Stage 2 Reading and Maths has been designed with teachers and learners at its core.

Very efficient system and easy to use. Children were able to work independently. Data produced was useful and effective. Very impressed.

Teacher from NOA Trial School

Benefits of NFER Online Assessments (NOA)

  • Save time through auto-marking – 70% of NOA questions are auto-marked to provide instant feedback and alleviate marking time. The remaining 30% are teacher-marked items to enable further insight on open-ended/’show your working’ questions.
  • Full curriculum coverage across all tests and terms - NOA can be used across the full academic year covering Autumn, Spring, and Summer terms, or be employed for individual terms, depending on what works best for your school’s assessment strategy.
  • Reliable benchmarking through robust standardisation – our year 3 and 4 trials have acquired data from over 30,000 completed assessments.
  • Flexible pricing with no hidden costs – choose a subscription or individual token options to suit your budget.
  • Easy to use in-built reporting – monitor and evidence pupil progression and identify learning needs through the NOA Reporting Tool.
  • Engaging assessment experience – each test contains a range of fun and colourful questions and customisable layouts.
  • Supporting your pupils – Our interactive mascot, ‘NOA the Panda’, helps pupils navigate through practice questions and familiarisation materials before starting the marked assessment.
  • Wide device compatibility – NOA can be used on either desktop or tablet, Windows or Mac devices with latest versions of either Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.

Watch the short video below for a brief introduction to NOA:

Sample NFER Online Assessments

NOA will be available for Key Stage 2 Reading and Maths for Years 3 and Years 4 from Autumn 2024.

To view NOA in advance, click on the button below and complete the form to receive your exclusive video sample.

Speak to our Assessment Expert

If you would like to speak to our Schools Partnership Manager, who has taught in schools for over 20 years and can relate to your setting, you can arrange an in-person visit or online call. Send Nichola Giles an email on [email protected]

You can also find instant answers to popular questions by looking at our Frequently Asked Questions.