Effective Alternative Provision: Research Summary
01 October 2007
This research, commissioned by the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) (now the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF)), aimed to provide practical advice for schools and local authorities seeking to commission and evaluate alternative provision for young people.
A number of ingredients for successful delivery of alternative provision were identified which were grouped into the following themes (and which are discussed in greater detail in the full report):
- Strategic-level overview, planning and coordination
- Effective referral systems
- Supporting pupils in AP effectively
- Components of effective provision
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques.