Third International Mathematics and Science Study: National Report Appendices
01 November 1996
This volume contains the Appendices relating to the National Reports for England on the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS). Subjects covered include:
- research design, populations and samples
- development and structure of the mathematics and science tests and their relationship with the National Curriculum
- questionnaires for students, teachers and headteachers
- Performance Assessment tasks
- administration and quality control procedures
- marking procedures for free-response items in the written tests and in the Performance Assessment
- statistical details relating to samples, participation rates, representativeness and weighting for nine- and 13-year-olds and for the Performance Assessment
- scaling and data analysis.
This information supplements the data presented in the National Reports.