Planning for writing in the year 6 curriculum
Tuesday 5 July 2022
You can view the recording from the event below:
Hosted by experienced writing moderators and authors of NFER's Bite into Writing, Jo Shackleton and Margaret Fennell, this webinar offered an insight into how you can support curriculum planning for year 6 with the Bite into Writing approach.
The webinar explored how you can…
- build a unit around a quality published quality text
- develop an integrated approach to reading, writing and talk
- support reading comprehension
- make connections through thematic links, wider reading and across the curriculum
- explore a wide range of text types by teaching grammar in context
- plan for short burst and extended writing
- align your pupils’ writing to national standards.