'How to' Guides Collection
12 November 2013
Thinking of embarking on your own educational research project? NFER can help. This collection of five ‘How to’ Guides takes you through every stage in your research journey - from planning your research to writing it up.
These simple, succinct, easy-to-read guides are a great reference tool, helping to ensure you cover all aspects. To support schools in engaging with and running research, we have made our popular ‘How to’ Guides available to download free of charge.
The following guides are included in this collection:
- How to... Plan your research: Meet your objective
- How to... Run action research: Do it yourself
- How to... Run qualitative and quantitative research: From definitions through to analysis
- How to... Use focus groups: Get the most from them
- How to... Write up your research: Some tips to get you started.
The guides are also available individually.
Note: This set does not include How to... Develop a survey: Ask the right questions or How to... Run randomised controlled trials: An introduction.
Written by NFER researchers, these guides will ensure your methods of research are based on professional guidance.
This guide was published in 2013 and was correct at the time of publication. Users are encouraged to check for the latest advice on data protection with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. For further information please visit the ICO website.