Parents' Views of Pre-school: Quality Matters
01 July 1997
- How are parents involved in their child's pre-school education?
- What do they think of the service they receive?
- Which aspects would they like to see improved?
- Which factors do parents think are important in a pre-school?
- What is provided by pre-schools that parents rate highly?
These are some of the questions addressed in this book, which reports the findings of a major research project. The research entailed a survey of nearly a thousand parents whose children attended pre-school in the state, private and voluntary sectors. The researchers visited 12 pre-schools that parents rated particularly highly to observe activities and to speak to parents and staff.